MSD is proposing to revise its stormwater regulations for new developments or redevelopments within the combined sewer system.
A proposed two-part stormwater detention requirement would replace its current Section 303 regulations. The proposed new requirement would provide the following benefits:
- Reduce the volume of combined sewer overflows (CSOs) during smaller rainstorms
- Encourage redevelopment sites to reduce impervious surfaces (hard surfaces that generate more stormwater runoff into the public right of way) through an incentive for managing stormwater onsite.
- Encourage the use of green infrastructure stormwater controls (e.g., bioinfiltrations basins, pervious pavement)
- Promote redevelopment of existing sites
- Offer potential cost savings for developers by reducing impervious surfaces or using green infrastructure with a potential waiver of detention requirements
This proposed revision requires approval of the Hamilton County Commissioners.
For more information, please download the Proposed Requirements, download the Fact Sheet or contact MSD Engineering Customer Service at (513) 557-3594 or MSD.Communications@cincinnati-oh.gov.